Benefits of Membership
OKA is continually working to enhance its member benefits package. Full details of available benefits along with any relevant discount codes and other required information are available to registered members of the OKA.
Some of the benefits we provide our members are:
- Malpractice Insurance - (also called professional liability insurance or errors & omissions insurance). Professional Members of the association have access to the OKA group liability insurance policy that provides coverage from $1 million to $5 million per year and covers services and functions that fall under the kinesiologist scope of practice. Insurance is renewed each year as part of the Professional membership dues renewal. Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance is also available to Professional Members as an option.
- K.E.E.N – the Kinesiology Evidence and Engagement Network – Professional Guidelines, the latest research, educational workshops and seminars to allow members to keep pace with the evolution of the profession are all available to members via the K.E.E.N portal.
- Extended Health Benefits - Extended health benefit packages tailored to suit each individuals requirements are also available through our insurance partners who will custom quote a package depending on your individual requirements with significant savings over what you might expect to pay outside of the OKA.
- Home & Auto Insurance discounts – provided through our insurance partners, tailored to suit your needs and requirements with significant savings over what you might expect to pay outside of the OKA.
- Professional Development Summit - The OKA Professional Development Summit takes place each spring and is both an excellent educational and networking opportunity for members to hear first hand the latest topics and research, and also to network and meet their fellow kinesiologists from across the province.
- Kinsight - Is the OKA's electronic newsletter that is circulated bi-weekly or as required, and contains relevant information on the profession, and the Association. Members are encouraged to submit articles or material for inclusion in Kinsight.
- Career listings - Currently available career listings are provided to members seeking a new opportunity or looking for a change.